Monday, August 17, 2009

Growing Juniper Bonsai is for everyone

Juniper Bonsai
Introduce this plant into your life and get much more than a gorgeous tree

Five years ago, while visiting my friend, I noticed the beautiful dwarf plant with its light green foliage, which after few months became silver. This small tree impressed me so much, that I had to ask my friend how did she managed growing it, especially as I knew she really had no special skills in that area. Her secret was very simple, as simple as growing Juniper bonsai. This tree is ideal for beginners. Following six basic rules, you can rest assured you will have an impressive addition to your landscape. These dwarf trees are so popular across the nation, that when talking about traditional bonsai, most people think of the Junipers, originated in Japan and China. Its foliage is one of two kinds:
• Juvenile foliage, which is needle like, with stunning colors from blue to dark green.
• Adult foliage, a scale like foliage with colors of light green and blue with gold and silver hues. There are more than fifty species of this evergreen tree around the world. The most popular are the Chinese Juniper (Juniperus media) and the Needle Juniper (Juniperus Rigida). The Juniper bonsai brought to my life much more than beauty. This small yet amazing plant is responsible to the harmony and serenity which I have experienced after long years of tension and stress. The satisfaction of introducing my lovely Junipers to my friends, family and other guests is something hard to describe. The most surprising thing is how easy it is to grow them, especially thanks to the amazing bonsai guide – more about this on my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment